Picture of mural designed by secondary school level students
for the Gift of Art project in 2010-2011
Painting a New World (PNMW) supports the United Nations Decade on Biodiversity
The Gift of Art is an art and collaboration project for youth, educators and community. It is an art project designed for primary schools, secondary schools and colleges which engages students by using murals for expression and fundraising on a theme proposed by Painting A New World (PNMW).
themes are based on United Nations Decade on Biodiversity (UNDB)
2011-2020. PNMW and Kiangure Springs Initiative are in partnership with
UNDB and the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD -
PNMW provides international aid through the Gift of
Art project to Kiangure Springs Initiative in Kenya
who under the community empowerment employ local artists to
paint murals on school walls while engaging and educating
children about their environment and future. PNMW
has successfully implemented the International mural project in
Chad where we now have one mural at the
School of N'Djamena.
PNMW has successfully implemented the International mural project in Chad where we now have one mural at the Holy Flame School of N'Djamena.
goals of the project are that students learn about important
humanitarian and environmental issues and illustrate their
creativity on their mural.
Ten outstanding murals produced by primary students, and
ten by secondary
and college students will be selected for the Awards contest.
Compose images, design, paint and complete the mural. The date
to complete the mural is
March 15, 2012.
3. Compose images, design, paint and complete the mural. The date to complete the mural is March 15, 2012.
4. Raise funds by finding a sponsor in your community to purchase your mural for a minimum of $500.00 or have a company’s logo incorporated on the mural for $1000.00 and / or collect an equivalent of $1.00 per each student in your school (refer to project guidelines for more information). The time frame to raise funds is from date of registration to March 15, 2012.
5. Fill out the fundraising form with the names of local art and education projects the school chooses to support with 50% of the raised funds. A photo and text of the mural and fundraising form must be submitted to PNMW by March 15, 2012 in order to be considered for the finalists selection.
6. PNMW will notify the 10 finalists for the primary schools and the 10 finalists for the secondary schools and colleges on or before April 6th, 2012.
Each school will forward a cheque representing 50% of the raised
funds to PNMW for international aid and the remaining 50% of the
funds will be directed to their chosen local art and education
8. The announcement of the Gift of Art winners and presentation of awards will be celebrated at ‘Painting a New World Annual Event’ on April 27th 2012 at the Leonardo da Vinci Cente.
Painting A New World (PNMW) is a non-profit
organization founded by artists Agnes and André
Chatelain. We believe that art has the power to create positive
change for the benefit of communities locally and in developing
For further information contact Agnes or André Chatelain, the founders of
Painting a New World and creators of The Gift of Art project.
Tel: 514-902-1219 Cell: 514-249-3343
|Copyright © 2012 - Agnes and André Chatelain - All rights reserved|